Information Collection and Use
Opus One collects personal information in the following situations:
- On-line wine orders: We require first and last name, street address, city, state and zip code, email address, telephone number, date of birth, credit card number and expiration date.
- On-line request for tastings: We require first and last name, street address, city, state and zip code, email address, phone number and participant age confirmation.
- On site wine orders to be shipped: We require first and last name, street address, city, state and zip code, email address, telephone number, date of birth, credit card number and expiration date.
- On site wine purchases: For credit transactions, we require (but do not record) information to confirm identity of the card holder.
- Phone-in requests for tours: We require first and last name, street address, city, state and zip code, email address, phone number and participant age confirmation, credit card number and expiration date.
- Phone in requests for tastings: We require your first and last name, street address, city, state and zip code, email address phone number and participant age confirmation.
- With your permission, we may collect your name, address, email address, telephone number and date of birth at the winery, in order to alert you to upcoming vintage releases or events.
We understand the sensitivity of this information, maintain our files carefully, and do not share this information with other organizations. Customers can be assured that orders placed online with Opus One are secure. Information we collect online is protected with encryption software. All of the customer data we collect is stored on a secured server to protect against unauthorized access. We will track visits to our webpages and links on our websites so we can make decisions about the design of our site. We do collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us via email.
Changes to your Personal Data
In the event you wish to change any of your personal information, please provide us written notification via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707-944-9442.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the end-user's hard drive containing information that relates directly to the end-user's visit to our website. Any information placed in the cookie is accessible ONLY to Opus One, and will NOT be sold or shared with anyone else under any circumstances. We use a cookie to store a unique session identifier, which allows us to maintain your shopping cart and personal information. Cookies also allow us to maintain your session information from one visit to the next.
We comply with Federal law in sending offer-driven emails. Those who wish to Opt-Out from receiving email offers will have their address removed within 1-10 days of receipt of their request to Opt-Out or to unsubscribe at email@example.com. If you have multiple email addresses you will need to Opt-Out for each address in order to be removed from our active database.