If you have a specific question, please click on the appropriate section below:
- What information is collected?
- How is your information used?
- How does our site interact with third party services and content?
- What information do we share with third-parties (or what information may they access because of the services they provide to us)?
- What choices do you have over how your information is used?
- How can you edit or delete your information?
- Does our site respond to do-not-track signals?
- What if I access the site from my mobile device?
- How do we secure your information on our site?
- What age do you have to be to use this site?
- What governing laws apply?
- What if I live outside of the United States?
- Whom should you contact with questions or concerns?
- When was this notice last updated?
1. What information is collected?
We collect two types of information: Identifying Information and Non-Identifying Information.
Types of Identifying Information we collect
When you create a profile, or when you enter such information on this Site, we may collect personal information from you including your:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Billing and shipping addresses
- Payment information
- Date of birth
- Order history
- Winery visit history
- Profile name and password
We may also collect information that you provide about people you know. For example, we collect your gift recipient’s contact information and date of birth to process your gift orders, or that of the guests that will be accompanying you on a visit to the winery.
Types of Non-Identifying Information we collect
We may also collect general information resulting from your activity on the site, including your preferences, insights, and other tendencies. This may include anonymous “traffic data” or tracking information provided by the website’s host or similar provider of such information (e.g., Forter, Google Analytics, Stripe) that does not personally identify you, but may be helpful for fraud analysis, marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer. Fraud analysis includes tracking the behavior of visitors and comparing their actions to known and tested behavioral trends. At purchase, the model reviews the numerous attributes associated with the transaction to assess the validity of the transaction.
Analytics is the process of collecting, analyzing, and reporting aggregate data. This information may include which pages visitors visit, how long visitors stay on a particular page, and where visitors are located. It may also provide information about what browser, network, or device is used to visit our site. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. In addition, when you visit our site, we may also log your IP address, and a unique identifier for your computer or other access device. This helps us diagnose problems with our server, to administer our site, or to display the content according to your preferences.
Cookies are used by many websites. A cookie is a string of information that the website you visit transfers to your computer for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity on the website and that information helps websites to understand your preferences and improve your website experience. Cookies are also used for such activities as remembering your user name and password, if you use such a feature on this site. Based on the software you are using to access the website, you can turn off all cookies in the event you prefer not to receive them. You can also have your computer warn you whenever cookies are being used. There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. Please be aware, however, that when you choose to reject cookies, this choice may limit the functionality of the Opus One website and you may lose access to some of its features.
Another tool used by many websites are web beacons. A web beacon is an invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a web page, web-based document or e-mail message. It helps us view the URL of the page on which the beacon appears and can provide the time when the site, a document or an email is viewed. They can be used to confirm the receipt of, and response to our emails, including those that you forward to friends and family; and they help deliver a more personalized online experience.
We may also receive and collect location based information including your geolocation. If your device and software allow for the collection of location information, we will collect information about the WiFi routers closest to you, cell IDs of the cell towers closest to you, and the strength of your WiFi or cell signal. We use this information to return an estimated location. Please be aware, however, that when you decline to provide location information (see §5 below), this choice may limit the functionality of the Opus One website and you may lose access to some of its features.
2. How we use this information?
We primarily use the personal information you provide and any general information we receive from you to perform the following activities:
- Create and manage your profile;
- Process your online orders;
- Personalize your online experience;
- Book visits to our winery;
- Provide customer service, whether it’s responding to a request or following up on an order;
- Improve our services and the interactions you have with our site’
- Market products and services that may be of interest to you – for instance, we may add you to the Opus One email list and newsletter when you make an online purchase or sign up; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
3. How does our site interact with third-party services and content?
We may link to third party sites and services, or otherwise display third-party content through our site. Here are some examples of third-party content and services available through or via our site:
- Google Maps – We may facilitate easy access to the online maps of content providers like Google. There you can get quick location, driving, and contact information for our winery.
- YouTube or Vimeo – We may embed content on our site from other online services, such as a recorded video that is stored and delivered by the third-party website.
- Social Media – We may facilitate easy access to third-party sites and online services, like social networks and other services that host user-generated content such as, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Payment Processing – We work with third party vendors to process payments. These include, but are not limited to: Stripe, Apple Pay, Android Pay, Paypal and Alipay.
- Delivery and Compliance – We work with third-party vendors to deliver our products. These include, but are not limited to: FedEx, ShipCompliant, and Smarty Streets.
- Detection of Fraudulent Activity – We engage a third-party vendor to assist with detecting fraudulent activity. For example, every transaction is submitted for real-time, automated assessment of fraud. Vendors include, but are not limited to: Forter.
These links take you off our site and are beyond our control. Please note that these other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information. We urge you to review the data protection, privacy, and cookie policies available on their websites. While our goal is to work with reputable services, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the data protection of privacy practices of third parties in relation to such websites. Your use of third-party websites is entirely at your own risk.
- Forter: https://www.forter.com/forter-privacy-policy/
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/us/privacy
- ShipCompliant (owned by Sovos): https://www.shipcompliant.com/privacy/
- SmartyStreets: https://smartystreets.com/legal/privacy-policy
4. What information do we share with third-parties (or what information may they access because of the services they provide to us)?
We will not sell or trade your personal information or general information to third parties without informing you in advance. However, we provide some of our services through contractual arrangements with affiliates, service providers, and other third parties. Our service providers may use your personal information to operate the Opus One website and deliver our services. We use these third parties to help handle parts of our business. They help us do things like fulfill orders, process payments, provide analytics, monitor activity, maintain databases, and administer and monitor emails. These parties will only use your data for the purpose of carrying out the work as agreed with us.
Disclosure of your information for security purposes.
Opus One fully cooperates with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our site for illegal activities. We will release personal or general information without your consent for security purposes, when required by law, or to prevent imminent harm to any person or entity. We will disclose personal or general information on receipt of a court order or subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation, which may include responding to requests and court orders from jurisdictions outside the United States. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful, as determined in our sole discretion.
5. What choices do you have over how your information is used?
- Email – Those who wish to opt-out from receiving email offers will have their email address removed within 30 days of receipt of their request to opt-out or to unsubscribe at [email protected]. If you have multiple email addresses, you will need to opt-out for each address in order to be removed from our active database.
- Location information – You may have the ability to turn location-based services on and off by adjusting the settings of your Internet browser or mobile device or, for some devices, by revoking permission for our mobile apps to access your location information.
- Newsletter – If you would like to specify your preferences for our postal mail you can let us know by emailing [email protected].
- Cookies and web beacons – Your browser may offer the ability to block or delete cookies from your device. Simply follow your browser’s instructions on how to block and clear cookies.
6. How can you edit or delete your information?
By logging into your profile, you are able to delete credit card information, billing and shipping address information, your phone number, and email address. You can change your name, however, you cannot delete it. If you would like to permanently delete your profile, you can email us at [email protected] Please note that your name, order history, and reservation history cannot be deleted from our system.
7. Does our site respond to do-not-track signals?
8. What if I access this site from my mobile device?
We collect and use information about you in the same way and for the same purposes if you access the Opus One site from your mobile device, as we do when you use our website.
9. How do we secure your information on site?
In order to protect both the personal information and the general information that we receive from you through the website, we have implemented various security measures. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely. All information you provide to us is stored in secure managed servers. We are compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). In addition, our third-party payment processing vendors are also PCI compliant. Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password which enables you to access certain parts of the site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you never share your password with anyone. If you believe the confidentiality of your password has been compromised, you may change your password via your profile or the “forgot password?” feature.
While we implement the above security measures on our site, you should be aware that 100% security is not possible. Whenever you give out personal information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. While we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. By using this site, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we cannot guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through this site and that any personal information, general information, or other data or information received from you through the site is provided at your own risk. We are not liable for any damages arising out of, or in any way connected with, a third party’s unauthorized access to your information.
10. What age do you have to be to use this site?
11. What governing law applies?
This notice and our privacy practices will be subject exclusively to the laws of the State of California within the United States of America, without regard to its conflict of laws doctrine. By using our site, you hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts of California for any claim or matter arising under or in connection with the site.
12. What if I live outside the United States?
The Opus One site is hosted and operated entirely in the United States and is subject to United States law. Any personal information that you provide to Opus One is being transferred to us for use solely in the United States and will be hosted on United States servers. By using our site, you understand that your information will be transferred to our servers and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Notice. If you are accessing the Opus One Site from outside the United States, please be advised that United States law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
To the extent we are required and capable, we maintain our site and information collection practices in a way that conforms with the laws of other jurisdictions. If you are from a jurisdiction whose information collection practices differ from ours, please notify us so that we may take necessary action. This may include terminating your account and deleting your information.
We are committed to resolving any concerns you may have. If you have any questions, or would like to terminate your account profile, please email us at [email protected].
13. Whom should I contact with questions or concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns relating to the Opus One site or this Privacy Notice, send an email to [email protected] or call (707) 944-9442.
1. Display Ads
2. Retargeting Ads
The Opus One website may participate in remarketing or behavioral targeting with third-party companies, such as Google, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in order to better optimize the website. Cookies may be used to monitor recently visited pages to provide more useful content.
Please be aware that no personal identifiable information will be distributed to the third-party advertising companies. In addition, no personal identifiable information will be used in conjunction with tracking pixels.
5. Your Rights
Please email [email protected] if you need to:
-Access your personal information
-Make any changes to your personal information
-Erase or forget your personal data*
*Please note that in some instances for record-keeping or transactions, we may need to hold on to information when required by law
When was this notice last updated?
Last updated October 29, 2019